Mindless Burblings

It's too late to leave
We're all here now
Why don't we make the best of it?
We could stay and chill, maybe take some pills.
Mutilation? I don't like the scent of it.
You saw me fall, you aren't so tall
and now we've facts to face again.
"Crush your head 'til you feel dead"
That's the motto of this nation.
Love of hate, let's make a date
for the ultimate destruction
It's over now,
well anyhow,
it's not gonna go much further
There is a word for what we sell,
I think you say it "murder"
Why do we live when we should die?
It's not the natural order
You say you hate us all - You lie!
Remember Eve? You adored her!
You laugh and smile and paint and tile,
It's an expected rejected cover
I know you've been betrayed before,
The wounds must still be bleeding
Your body's cold,
it's much too old
to deal with this feeling
Flowers and hearts and poison darts
aren't enough for space exploration
Churches and pubs and new born bubs
will be the downfall of civilisation
Italics and sporadic reasoning skills
are pointless until resurrection
Bimbos and life skills and alcohol and many pills
will be the cure for this temptation
Theology and belief are no relief for this terrible
self-deprecation

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this when I was 14. It hasn't seen the light of day for many years. I thought it was time to give it an airing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I saw you commented on my blog so I wanted to come check yours out. You wrote this when you were 14?! This is beautiful! I loved it! You live in Milan? I live in Montana, (USA) but would love to go to Italy someday. Great writing, you've got a real talent!

    www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete